Spray Foam Insulation Rochester, MN
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL CALL US TODAY TO REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE!
Spray Foam Insulation Rochester MN
For many Rochester MN residents, high energy bills are a big problem. This is usually a result of the traditional home insulation that was installed when the home was first built. And while traditional home insulation has been proven to be effective, it’s not as effective as some of the newer methods of insulation that we will be discussing today.
As a homeowner you have no doubt searched for ways in which you can reduce the amount of energy you consume each month. And while there are little things you can do each month to help lower your energy bill, at the end of the day, what you need is a more permanent solution. You don’t want something that will just work for a few months, you want something that will continue to work for several years to come. And that’s why we always recommend spray foam insulation to Rochester, MN homeowners. Not only is it a permanent solution, but it can help you reduce the amount of energy you use each month by as much as 50%.
Request a Free Estimate
What Is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is a type of insulation that gets sprayed down the walls and ceilings of the home. It is the easiest type of insulation to install, and it is one of the most effective. The great thing about spray foam is it actually seals the cracks and gaps within your home. Traditional home insulation is unable to do this. This type of insulation would be perfect when you get drywall installation, that way all projects are done simultaneously. With traditional home insulation the cracks and gaps will be covered up. This is why you will often feel a cool breeze around windows and doors. With spray foam insulation no air will be able to get in, or out, of the home. As a result your home will always be comfortable. You will also consume less energy which means your monthly bill will decrease by quite a bit.
What Will Spray Foam Insulation Cost in Rochester MN?
For most homeowners, their number one concern when it comes to spray foam insulation is cost. Now we will be 100% honest with you. Spray foam insulation is not cheap. To have the foam installed you can expect to pay between $1,275 – $3,646. However, over the course of a few years you will make the money back in the form of savings.
What Is The Best Material For Attic Insulation?
There are many different materials that can be used to insulate a home. From foam board, to batts, to spray foam, to vapor barriers, all of these materials can be used to insulate your home. The one you choose will depend on your overall budget. To help you choose what type of insulation material would be best for your home, we have put together a short list of the top three materials.
Spray Foam Insulation
One of the best ways to combat super high energy bills is to have spray foam insulation installed at your home. Because it seals all cracks and gaps, it will basically eliminate any draft from entering the home. Spray foam is a more modern solution that can prove to be very beneficial in the long run.
If you are on a tight budget, cellulose insulation will be the best option for you and your family. It is a non toxic material and it is very efficient. It is actually a great alternative to fiberglass insulation.
Fiberglass insulation has been around for a very long time. It is actually the most common type of insulation you will see in homes built back in the day.One of the reasons fiberglass insulation was so popular is because of its cost. On average, it costs between $0.64 – $1.19 per square foot to have fiberglass installed. When you compare that to spray foam insulation, it’s easy to see why people would opt for fiberglass over other forms of insulation. There is however one big issue you will run into with fiberglass. Unlike spray foam insulation Rochester, fiberglass does not seal the cracks and gaps. As a result you will experience high energy bills every month.
why do you need spray foam insulation?
Consequently, to bridge this gap, below you will find five reasons as to why every home needs spray foam insulation and more so why you need Home Insulation Minnesota professionals to do it for you.
- When compared to the other more common types of insulation, it yields far better results mainly due to its wide nature which tightly seals all crannies and nooks. Moreover, the fact that it is ranked R-6 which is the highest rank and its capability to offer air-tight seals also adds to numerous reasons as to why it’s better.
- Due to its sturdiness, majority of businesses and homes can make an incredible saving on their energy expenses once they install it. Unlike other kinds of insulation which only grant you 30% worth of monthly saving, spray foam gives average savings of 50% or higher in some cases.
- You also gain the benefit of having all your cracks and holes thoroughly sealed in your crawl spaces or attic. This is especially important given the fact that it’s these air leaks which lead to high energy bills. Thus, by creating a strong air tight seal which is 24 times less permeable than other types of insulation to air infiltration, your expenses are greatly reduced.
- With cracks and holes in your walls, water moisture can also penetrate through if they are not sealed. However, with this type of home insulation, Rochester MN homeowners don’t have to worry as it will prevent the penetration due to its impermeability to water. Further, even if flooding should occur, it won’t absorb water.
- In addition to being water resistant, it is also limits the growth of bacteria and mold by not providing any food source to them. Consequently, those homes which have this closed-cell insulation receive protection from mold and mildew.
In essence, the effectiveness of spray foam insulation in your home, office or other space will largely depend on the proper filling of the gaps and cracks in between the walls as the material expands and dries. Hiring a Home Insulation Rochester expert with the right equipment and knowledge will ensure this happens. By so doing, you will not have to deal with some of the issues which arise during DIY applications or hiring an unlicensed insulation contractor. A professional will be able to get all the resources necessary, tell you how much it will cost and then proceed to install the material